Condition of Tenancy
By proceeding with this booking, you have read and accepted the terms below and agree to adhere to them while in occupation. Failure to pay costs caused by your breach of the terms will be charged to the card we have on file.
Property representation – our staff and webpage describe the premises, position, and furnishings to the best of their ability and in good faith. No responsibility or refunds for alleged misinterpretation can be accepted.
- The premises are let to you for holiday purposes only and for the period stated on the receipt only. Please check that your booking dates are correct and advise us if there are any irregularities before arriving. Under no circumstances is any commercial enterprise to be conducted from the property. The agency may refuse to accept any booking where the agency has been instructed by the owner, or where the agent believes the booking is not in the best interest of the owner.
- DEPOSIT: A deposit of 50% of the full tariff plus a $75 booking fee is required to confirm the booking within 2 days of making the booking. This can be done by cash, cheque, credit card (Visa and Mastercard) or by EFT.
- COM GUESTS PLEASE NOTE: from the date of your booking, your provided credit card can be charged the full amount at any time to confirm your booking. We will endeavor to do so within 48hrs of your booking. Please ensure all funds are available, noting that 1.95% credit card surcharge will be charged for the total room rate. If you do make payment prior to us charging, we will be automatically notified and will not charge your card.
- ALL FINAL AMOUNTS DUE MUST BE PAID 14 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
A $75 non-refundable booking fee applies to all bookings.
A $75 non-refundable changes/alterations fee applies to any change made to bookings.
- REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS: Bookings cancelled within 10 weeks of the arrival date are only possible if made in writing and if the property can be rebooked for the full period at full tariff. This will also incur a $50 cancellation fee & $75 booking fee. If the property cannot be rebooked for this time all monies paid will NOT be refunded. If a booking is cancelled in writing outside 10 weeks of arrival date, a refund less the $75 booking fee will be paid to the holiday guest.
- GUEST REGISTRATION FORM: The holiday guest must supply the agent with their credit card details and driver’s license to hold as security over their booking. This acts as a security against claims for late departure, excess rubbish, additional cleaning and damage to the property or its contents. The liability of the holiday guest will be the full cost of all excess charges and or repairs. The credit card information is stored in an encrypted and secure format. (Special conditions apply for extended stays longer than 2 weeks. Please see section 28)
- INDEMNITY – Cardow Holidays and/or the owner do not accept liability for any personal loss or injury to the guest/s during the rental period, including that caused by events beyond our control. Events may include, but are not limited to; adverse weather, fire, flood, traffic or flight delays, war, terrorist activity, civil disobedience, or other force majeure and no refund or credit will be offered under these circumstances.
- KEY COLLECTION: Keys are to be collected from CARDOW & PARTNERS on the day of arrival. Keys are only released when monies have been paid in full and guest registration form has been completed. Properties are available from 3pm. Early check in must be pre-arranged with the Holiday Property Management team prior to your arrival. Management will oblige where this request is possible, but due to circumstances are not always able to be accommodated. Office hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Key collection for After hours Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday is from the United Service Station situated north of Woolgoolga on the round-a-bout on the Pacific Highway until 10pm.
- RETURNING KEYS: The premises are to be vacated by 10am unless prior late checkout arrangements are made through the agent. All keys are to be returned to the office at CARDOW & PARTNERS PROEPRTY. Late return of keys unless pre-arranged may incur fees of up to $100. Keys can be returned to the office 24 hours a day via the key chute in the front door. Late check-outs may be available outside peak periods. Please contact our office prior to departure date to request a late check-out.
- LOCKED OUT: Guests locked out of the premises requiring agency assistance to gain entry after office hours or on weekends or public holidays are required to pay a cash $110 lock-out fee. If the services of a locksmith are required, the occupant will pay this fee in cash immediately to the locksmith. Duplicate keys are not always available. In the event of lost keys, the guest will be liable for the duplication of the original keys. If no original key set exists, the guest will be liable to pay for the installation of new locks.
- SECURITY: Guests are responsible for keeping the property secure throughout their stay and upon vacating. Landlords’ insurance does not cover loss of guest’s belongings. No liability is accepted by the agent or property owner for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay or inconvenience caused by events outside the agent or owners’ control. No responsibility is taken for guest’s personal property left behind at the premises. We will endeavor to return these items if found, at the guests’ expense. Low value items found will be held for claiming for a maximum of 2 weeks.
- CLEANING: You are required to leave the premises clean, neat, and tidy. Please ensure the kitchen and bathroom benches, floors are left clean, washing up done and put away, and all garbage placed in the correct external bin otherwise cleaning/rubbish removal fees will be charged. On arrival should the property be found not to be to an appropriate standard of cleanliness or require maintenance please phone our office within 24 hours for staff to rectify the situation. The guest agrees to allow the Agent or his nominee to enter the property to arrange necessary repairs
- BBQ & GAS: All BBQs are to be cleaned on departure. If you arrive to find them dirty, please notify staff ASAP. Otherwise, there is a $50 charge for not cleaning these items. If a gas bottle becomes empty during your stay, please use the Swap’n’Go service at your nearest petrol station. Send a copy of the receipt to Cardow & Partners with your bank account details and we will reimburse you.
- LINEN & PORT – A – COT HIRE SERVICE AVAILABLE: Linen and toiletries are not provided unless stated. Linen can be hired at your expense through our office with prior arrangement made.
Prices: Queen Linen Pack $42, Single Linen Pack $38
All linen is to be booked and paid for prior to arrival. All hired linen to be left in the bathroom of the property. Linen is required to be used on all beds used throughout your stay; should our cleaner reasonably believe that linen was not used; the holiday tenant will be responsible for the cost of laundering all bedding.
There is also a single Port – a – cot available should you require one during your stay, payment of $10 per night or $50 for 7 nights is required prior to arrival and bookings are essential – subject to availability, please contact office to arrange.
- ADVANCE BOOKINGS: All advanced bookings are accepted on behalf of the current owner. Cardow & Partners cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by the current or subsequent new owner.
The booking is made in good faith by the agent, but may be subject to changes as directed by the owner prior to check-in. Every reasonable endeavor will be made to offer alternative accommodation should changes occur. If the ownership of the property changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available. We cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by a new owner. However, you will be given notification, allowing time to organize alternative accommodation. While this can be a difficult situation, please be aware that we do not own any of our holiday properties and owners do make their own choices.
- CHRISTMAS REBOOKINGS: due to instant bookings being enabled online, bookings are open to all parties up to 365 days in advanced. Whilst we endeavor to provide you a successful rebooking, we ask that you please request for a rebooking within the first 24 hours of your initial arrival. We appreciate your understanding of our limits for this matter.
- NOISE COMPLAINTS and DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOUR: Tenants should make every possible effort to ensure that they do not interfere or cause a nuisance to neighbors. Excessive noise and partying will not be tolerated. Loud music, televisions and noise will not be permitted between 9pm and 7am. Should our office receive a significant number of complaints, the office may terminate your tenancy immediately and without refund.
- FUNCTIONS: No functions are to be held at any of our holiday properties including weddings, events or parties without consent from our agency and the owner of the property.
- NON-SMOKING: All property interiors are non-smoking. Holiday tenants failing to abide by this term may be responsible for the cost of cleaning all carpets, furnishings and window coverings.
- TRADESMAN ACCESS AND REPAIRS: The guest agrees to allow the agent and or appointed tradespeople to enter the property at any time to effect or investigate repairs or complaints. All reported repairs will be conducted as soon as practical. On public holidays and after hours it may at times prove difficult to get tradespeople straight away. The agency will always do everything we can to minimize inconvenience caused but cannot issue partial refunds or give discounts. In the event of major problems making the property uninhabitable, we will make every attempt to find suitable, alternative accommodation. Should a tradesperson or a member of our team be called to the property and the issue is deemed to be caused by a guest, equipment owned by a guest or because a guest has not followed instructions, then the guest will be responsible for payment of the invoice for the tradesperson or our callout fee of $110 or both.
- FAULTS/MALFUNCTIONS: All properties under our management are privately owned. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions there is no obligation for the owner or Cardow & Partners holiday to compensate or discount.
- SALE PROPERTIES: If the property is being offered for sale, the occupier agrees to allow the agent to conduct inspections at a mutually convenient time.
- VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR: These terms and conditions may be varied at any time without notice. Always refer back to our website for current terms and conditions. A printed copy of the terms and conditions can also be obtained from our office. Prices may also vary without notice.
- OVERCROWDING: The number of occupants must not exceed the number of beds provided. Repercussions may occur including immediate termination, loss of bond and/or additional charges applied.
- NO PETS ALLOWED: There are to be no pets in our holiday properties unless specified or Pryor arrangements have been made and approved. Properties which are advertised as “Pet Friendly” only allow for pets to be kept outside. All pets must always be kept outside otherwise cleaning and/or pest control fees will be charged. A pet-fee of $110 will be charged to your booking if you are bringing your pet.
- DAMAGES: All damages, breakages and losses must be reported to the agent and paid for immediately.
- SCHOOLIES: Sorry Schoolies bookings cannot be accepted! We do not have the policies, procedures and/or the resources to accommodate these bookings.
- EXTENDED STAYS: Special conditions for extended stays (more than a week) apply. These may include additional cleaning charges, linen hire requirements, rubbish removal, water charges and a cash bond. Bonds will be refunded less any additional costs within 21 days of departure.
- PLEASE NOTE: Staff from Cardow & Partners will describe the premises and position of the property to the best of their ability and in good faith. It is the responsibility of the tenant to assess the suitability of the accommodation for their needs. Claims for discounts will not be entertained for reasons of unsuitable accommodation.
- NEIGHBOURING PROPERTIES: The agent is not responsible, nor has any control over building/renovation work being carried out on neighbouring properties and cannot issue refunds in such circumstances.
- Extra cleaning charges will be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, emptying the fridge, moving furniture from its original location, removal of rubbish by placing in bins or excess rubbish removal from the property, excessively smeared glass (this will include mirrors, glass feature walls, balcony glass, glass doors and glass pool fencing), excessive dirty floors.
- CLEANING PRODUCTS AND TOILET PAPER Our properties are self-contained accommodation, meaning you must bring your own food and general items. We will provide you with basic supplies to get your started, if you run out, please top up yourself (for example toilet paper, dishwashing tablets, paper towel, foil etc).
- ACCESS – Cardow Holidays and/or its representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time, without notice, to protect and/or undertake maintenance of the property. We will provide notice to the guests wherever possible.